The bedroom is that very important space in your house that offers you and your partner a good night's sleep. A good night's sleep is essential to wake up fresh and weather the challenges of tomorrow. A good night's sleep in the comfort of your partner is what you need to live your life at the fullest. Your bedroom should generate feelings of peace, serenity and harmony when you enter and when you come out of it.
Designing a bedroom is actually very easier if you work along some simple basic concepts. Here are some of the tips that you need to keep in mind while designing your bedroom.
1. Chose calming and soothing colors. Colors such as blue, light green, neutral tones such as sand and beige are always the best choices. These colors are known to produce emotions of peace and harmony.
2. Use lighting that creates romanticism. Diffuse, subtle lighting is always a yes. Avoid using bright lights or too colorful lights. Shade lamps are a definite yes and incorporate task lighting near your bed for those reading moments before you go to sleep.
3. Your bed selection should be such that it makes you feel comfortable. Some like to rest on soft, doughy beds while others like their beds to be little firm. So choose a bed that is more appropriate for your sleep and not for the look. Stylize your bed by getting a contrasting colored comforter. This also provides a more cozy look to your bedroom.
4. Almost all of us watch a little TV before going to bed. Try to fit either a wall mounted TV or place a table TV facing directly opposite to your bed.
5. Give a look of more openness and more space to your bedroom by maximizing the use of windows and using light colored fabrics or blinds on the windows.
6. Do not gather a lot of furniture in the bedroom. Make sure that you allow sufficient space for you to move around in dark without hurting yourself.
7. The furniture for your bedroom should be clean lined with simple patterns to give the illusion of space.
8. Use glass mirrors to the best advantage so that a minimum of light in your bedroom spreads evenly.
9. Use of picture frames at a lower height than your ceiling is highly recommended.
10. Provide more shelf storage on the sides of the bed for comfort and ease. Wall shelves on the sidewalls give the appearance of more space.
11. Finally use of brick design on walls and adding a fireplace in your bedroom would give the most royal and luxurious look to your bedroom that you always dream of.
Hope these tips help you while designing your bedroom. The designing themes keep on changing not only with times but also with age. Some patterns look more appropriate at a certain age while some not.