The toughest part to design in a residential facility is the kitchen for three simple reasons. (1) There is never enough space in the kitchen, (2) Cooking accessories keep on increasing and (3) Women are never happy with their kitchens easily.
So let's us go through some basics in designing a kitchen while at the same time remembering the three tough things to accomplish as mentioned earlier.
1. Kitchen planning and storage facility should reign supreme before designing an extravagant kitchen. Kitchens are never too large to accommodate every thing. So decide on what things you would require today and in the near future and how much storage space would you actually need.
2. Never think of countertop as a storage space. Make sure that all the cooking equipment that you need always have a separate storage space. The countertop should always be free and clean of cooking equipment.
3. Structuring an island in the center of the kitchen provides more storage space along with convenience while cooking.
4. Research through the already available space-saving cabinets that are there in the market make designing simpler, easier and affordable kitchen and at the same time creating more storage space.
5. Maintain adequate lighting and do not over-brighten the kitchen as they heat up quickly requiring to turn on the AC and thereby increasing energy consumption.
6. The kitchen faucet should be the best. Use the most modernized faucets that is easy to handle. The faucet along with the burner is the first attention grabbing item.
7. Always go for a bigger sink as small sinks fill up quickly giving the appearance of a restricted space.
8. Double door refrigerators give a more wider look to the kitchen.
9. Wall mounted or cabinet mounted microwave is always a good option.
10. Kitchen cabinets should have more depth and more use of glass or shiny surface is preferable. Comfort, ease and usability factor should be given preference while designing kitchen cabinets.
11. Try to buy items that match kitchen theme. Too many different colors can spoil the look of a kitchen. Stick to one color and theme especially when selecting cooking equipment and cooking utensils.
12. Try to use indoor green plants in the kitchen as it creates a soothing and friendly atmosphere.
By simply following these useful tips, one can easily and comfortably design a good kitchen that offers everything; storage space, comfort, usability, ease of working and warmer, fresher look.